2015 has been a tremendous season at Chemainus Theatre. We’ve enjoyed knock-out theatrical productions and a record number of sold out houses. This season also marks the close of our current strategic plan titled Sustaining the Festival 2012 – 2015 and what a way to cap things off!
Our Board of Directors recently met to review the plan and it was so gratifying to recount the accomplishments and milestones achieved during this period.
To me, the highlights have included…
- Striving for higher artistic standards and diversity by staging a wide range of productions from intimate dramas like A Shayna Maidel and Waiting for the Parade to musical tributes such as Buddy and our largest production to date Les Misérables.
- The complete (and slightly overdue) renovation of the Playbill Dining Room with the addition of the popular Fireside Lounge.
- The launch of our 60 seat Studio Theatre (next door to the Best Western) with Freud’s Last Session.
- Expanding of our theatre networks by joining the Professional Association of Canadian Theatre as affiliate members and attending the annual conference.
- Revamping the Gallery Gift Shop with new lighting and an updated mix of merchandise.
Of course, all this was made possible by you – our audience. We’re pleased to reach the above goals. Engaging our audience in a deep and meaningful manner is essential for sustaining great theatre. The beating heart of any vibrant theatre is its audience. As we embark on the planning process to set our next strategic plan, I thank you for your support along the way and look forward to the journey ahead.
Leave A Comment