Vancouver Island’s Theatre Destination
The Chemainus Theatre is committed to the safety of patrons and staff. We continue to follow public health guidelines and will provide updates as circumstances evolve.
Things may look slightly different as we transition back to live in-person performances on our Mainstage. We encourage you to read the information below to find out what’s new and different for now.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Please stay home if you are ill & contact the Box Office for ticket options
- Masks are recommended indoors
- Distanced seating options are available in the theatre
- Respect personal space as you move throughout the building
- Wash your hands and/or use the hand sanitizing stations provided throughout the building
- Employees are screened daily and required to stay home if sick
Contactless Tickets: Digital and print-at-home tickets are available. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of these options and avoid picking up your tickets when you arrive.
Buying Tickets: Patrons are encouraged to purchase tickets by phone or online. If you need to purchase tickets in-person, Box Office hours are: Tuesday – Friday 10am – 4pm.
Concession: There will be no concession available. You are welcome to bring your own water. You can also purchase bottled water in the Gallery Gift Shop.
Dining Service: We are offering Table d’hôte service, featuring a salad bar, choice of plated entrees, and our famous dessert table. Attendants will be available to assist to reduce points of contact.
Distanced Seating: Distanced seating options are available in the theatre, with one theatre seat spacing between parties.
Account Credits: You can use your account credits for any new purchase of theatre or dining. Account credits can be accessed by logging in to your online account. My Account – Chemainus Theatre Festival]
- All tickets are non-refundable
- Tickets may be exchanged for another date within the same show with 24 hours’ notice.
- If an exchange is not possible, tickets may be converted into a charitable donation up to 4 hours prior to the event. Patrons will receive a charitable tax receipt.
- Ticket cancellations will not be accepted retroactively.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home and contact us for ticket options.
- Any patron who arrives at the theatre displaying symptoms of illness (such as fever, cough, or sneezing) will not be allowed to attend.