Vancouver Island’s Theatre Destination
The Chemainus Theatre is committed to the safety of patrons and staff. We continue to follow public health guidelines and will provide updates as circumstances evolve.
Things may look a bit different as we transition back to live in-person performances on our Mainstage. We encourage you to read information below to find out what’s new and different for now.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Please stay home if you are ill & contact the Box Office for ticket options
- Proof of full vaccination (2 doses, at least 7 days prior) is required for entry (ages 12+)
- Masks are mandatory indoors (ages 5+)
- Social distanced seating is available in the theatre and dining room
- Respect personal space as you move throughout the building
- Wash your hands and/or use the hand sanitizing stations provided throughout the building
- Employees are screened daily and required to stay home if sick
Contactless Tickets: Digital and print-at-home tickets are available. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of these options and avoid picking up your tickets when you arrive.
Buying Tickets: Patrons are encouraged to purchase tickets by phone or online. If you need to purchase tickets in-person, Box Office hours are: Tuesday – Friday 10am – 4pm and Saturday 10am – 2pm.
Arrival: Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the show. You will be required to show proof of vaccination and ID upon entering the building. Please allow extra time and dress accordingly for the weather. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Concession: There will be no concession available. You are welcome to bring your own water. You can also purchase bottled water in the Gallery Gift Shop.
Plated Dining Service: We are offering three-course plated service, with your choice of appetizer, entrée and dessert. Dinner is available Wednesday – Saturday and brunch is available on Sundays.
Reduced Capacity: The theatre and dining room continue to operate at reduced capacity to maintain physical distancing. There will be a minimum of one theatre seat separating parties in the theatre, and tables are spaced out in the dining room.
Relaxed Performances: Relaxed performances are specifically designed to be sensitive to patrons who might benefit from a more relaxed environment, patrons of all abilities are welcome, including autism spectrum disorder and those with a wide range of social, sensory, or educational needs. [Read more …]
Account Credits: You can use your account credits for any new purchase of theatre or dining. Account credits can be access by logging in to your online account. [More information – link to My Account – Chemainus Theatre Festival]
- Tickets may be exchanged for another date or converted into an account credit up to 4 hours prior the scheduled event. Refunds are available in the event of illness. Ticket cancellations will not be accepted retroactively.
- If you feel unwell, please stay home and contact the Box Office for ticket options.
- Any patron who arrives at the theatre displaying symptoms of illness (such as fever, cough, or sneezing) will not be allowed to attend.
- All patrons will receive a show reminder email within 48 hours of the performance, outlining the Chemainus Theatre’s health & safety protocols.
Dining times have been staggered to ensure there is space for social distancing. Once you arrive, you will be seated at your table, which is yours to enjoy for the entire evening. The Experience begins with a delicious 3-course plated meal.
If you are an art lover or simply love to shop, The Gallery is a dream come true! Showcasing over 100 BC artisans, you will find things that are fantastic, functional and most definitely original and in all price ranges.
If you feel like getting away from it all, we are pleased to offer our famous Playbill Getaway Packages. Enjoy a night’s stay in a well-appointed suite-style hotel room at the award-winning Best Western Plus Chemainus Inn (includes complimentary full breakfast, high-speed internet, an indoor pool, exercise centre, and convenient parking).