Enjoy living on beautiful Vancouver Island while doing what you love – creating exceptional theatre that explores and nourishes the human spirit. Chemainus Theatre Festival is committed to inclusive casting and dedicated to building a just, equitable, inclusive, diverse, and accessible workplace and community. We encourage all interested applicants to apply and will consider all submissions without regard to age, disability, gender, ethno-cultural identity, or any other basis. We are committed to a safe and respectful workplace, to reducing barriers, embedding antioppression practices, and creating an environment of integrity, respect and cooperation.
The Chemainus Theatre Festival Society is looking to grow our dining room staff and seeking part-time experienced Server. Under the direction of the Floor Supervisor the Server will ensures that all patrons are served with superior customer service while maintaining the integrity and reputation of the organization. The position will consist of anywhere from 15-25 hours per week or more depending on show schedules. Applicants must be available to work Wednesday to Sunday, both afternoon and evening shifts.
· Serving it Right certification
· Food Safe certification
· Knowledge with Universal POS system
Host, Seater, Busser
The Chemainus Theatre Festival is seeking for part-time hosts, seaters and bussers for the Playbill Dining Room. The successful applicant must be able to:
· Work in a fast-paced team environment
· Work with public
· Be consistent, punctual, and neat in appearance
· Follow directions and adhere to company policies and procedures
· Complete duties and responsibilities to industry standards
· Be cross trained for other positions
The position will consist of anywhere from 15 – 20 hours or more depending on show schedules. Applicants must be available to work Wednesday to Sunday.
The Chemainus Theatre Festival is currently looking for a part-time prep cook and food runner for the Playbill Dining Room. At the Chemainus Theatre Festival we hope to strengthen our team with individuals who are passionate about culinary arts and worldly cuisine. We foster a comfortable working environment where innovation and creativity can flourish and grow. The successful applicant must be able to:
• Work in a fast-paced team environment
• Be consistent, punctual, and neat in appearance
• Follow directions and adhere to company policies and procedures
• Complete duties and responsibilities to industry standards
• Be cross trained for other positions if needed
Prior job experience in a similar role is required. This position will consist of anywhere from 15-20 hours or more depending on show schedules. Applicants must be available to work days, nights, and weekends.
We appreciate all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.