The Chemainus Theatre Festival Society on Vancouver Island seeks a dynamic, engaging artist and educator to join the team starting the summer of 2018. The Chemainus Theatre Festival (CTF), located on scenic Vancouver Island, British Columbia is a professional not-for-profit theatre producing a 12-month season of plays under the Canadian Actors Equity Independent Theatre Agreement. We are committed to creating exceptional theatre that explores and nourishes the human spirit while enriching the region, advancing the arts and building community. To see how that plays out in the public – check out the reviews and articles at Expedia or Trip Advisor!
Education Coordinator and Artistic Associate (ECAA)
Reports To: Artistic Director
Job Expectations and Abilities Required
- Education related. We anticipate this to be 50% of your portfolio.
- You are a dynamo – a positive, constructive advocate for CTF by managing CTF’s Education portfolio. You will manage and develop Education programs that support the goals, mandate and operations of CTF, including in-demand Island Savings Discovery Theatre Workshops, Theatre Camp and after-school Academy.
- You love teaching kids, specifically 8-12 year olds.
- You will be an advocate to raise CTF support and involvement in the region and beyond.
- B.F.A, B.A. or equivalent professional experience in the education and the arts is an asset.
- A criminal record check will be required.
- Artistic and Production related. We anticipate this to be the other 50% of your portfolio.
- Your artistic opportunities will be customized to your skills and average one or more per season. These skills may include design, directing, choreography, performing, stage management or any combination in the exciting theatrical season.
- You will assist the Artistic Director and Production Manager in some of the day-to-day of operations. This may include contracting, auditing auditions or communicating with artists and agents. You are someone who enjoys these details and keeps confidence – a strong team player who can be proactive with scheduling, paperwork and all those wonderful deadline driven details that make producing theatre exciting and rewarding.
This is a three-quarter to full-time position. CTF is a non-profit society. The wage is modest and commensurate with experience while the work is rewarding – a dream-job for the right individual.
Complete job description here 2018 Education Coordinator and Artistic Associate
Deadline for Application: June 8, 2018
Please email a letter of interest and resume as one pdf file to the following: