Under the direction of the Executive Chef or his/her designate, the 1st Cook provides culinary services, maintains established food and sanitation standards, assists in administrative duties for the kitchen and performs other duties to the best of his/her abilities.
1. Provides culinary services by:
- monitoring out-going food to ensure exemplary quality of portion, flavour and presentation; in accordance with CTF standard.
- cooking on the hot line, baking, dessert prep, salad prep, serving the buffet line as per schedule and shift requirements.
- preparing adequate supplies for daily menus, as directed.
- cleaning and portioning of meats, seafood, and poultry.
- preparing stocks and soups and sauces.
- maintains daily prep list, monitoring level of mis-en-place.
2. Upholds established food and sanitation standards by:
- maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and professionalism and serving as an example to all staff.
- following food preparation, handling and storage procedures to ensure compliance with Food Safe and Health Board standards.
- following cleaning schedules of equipment, kitchen and receiving area to ensure Food Safe and Health Board standards are maintained.
- ensuring correct rotation of all food supplies.
- controlling usage of all food to prevent wastage.
- responsible for the day-to-day cleanliness of kitchen equipment, food storage areas and kitchen prep areas.
3. Performs administrative and supervisory duties for the Kitchen by:
- assisting with ordering of food, beverage, chemical and consumable supplies for the kitchen and rest
- assuming supervisory responsibility for the hot line in the Executive Chef’s absence.
- delegating prep assignments as per prep board in absence of the executive chef.
- ensuring all kitchen staff are performing duties during course of their shift.
- responsible for opening procedures of kitchen and closing procedures as per schedule shift requirements.
- performing other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Chef, filling in any kitchen position as necessary.
Interested persons are encouraged to apply to:
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.