The Chemainus Theatre Society is a not for profit organization who relies on the financial generosity of individuals and businesses. In turn, we are happy to support other community and non-profit organizations efforts through ticket donations.
Since 2000, the Chemainus Theatre Festival has welcomed over 9,000 new theatre goers through the Golden Neighbour Program. Some of the agencies that have benefited from the Golden Neighbour Program over the years include: the John Howard Society, United Way, The Cridge Centre for Family, Aids Vancouver Island, Boys & Girls clubs, SOS Child, Youth and Family Centre, local Vancouver Island elementary schools, secondary schools, and summer camps.
To request a donation, please contact our Development Coordinator at 250.246.9800 ext. 724. Interested applicants are recommended to submit their application a minimum of four weeks in advance.
Given the success of this program, and the large number of requests, ticket donations are limited and must meet specific criteria.
• A limited number of tickets are made available each season for donation purposes.
• Donations in the form of complimentary tickets will be issued to an applicant once per season.
• No assumption of recurring donations (annually/monthly etc.) may be made. We appreciate your understanding.
• We are unable to provide door prizes, incentives, or cash donations/Sponsorship through this program. For those applicants that do not meet the Golden Neighbour requirements, please contact our Box Office at 1.800.565.7738 or 250.246.9820
• Day and date restrictions will apply to donations granted through the Golden Neighbour program
• Seats are subject to availability
• Advanced reservations are required
Who is eligible for donations?
The Chemainus Theatre Festival’s Golden Neighbour program donates tickets to the following:
• Educational organizations
• Community and Social Services organizations
• Registered charitable organizations
Given the success of this program, donations are limited and applications must meet the following criteria:
• The application is received a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of your requested performance date.
• Each applicant is eligible to receive one donation per year.
• Preference may be given to applicants that have not received our support in the past two years.
• Donations have no cash value and must be accepted as awarded.
• Have specific date and performance
Due to the overwhelming number of requests received, only those organizations that are granted donations will be contacted.
For more information about our Golden Neighbour Program contact our Development Coordinator at 250.246.9800 ext. 724, or email@example.com .