The Chemainus Theatre Festival is a favourite theatre destination for over 65,000 patrons each year. Established in 1993, it is one of the main cultural venues on Vancouver Island and is renowned for intimate, live and polished plays, with professional directors, designers and actors from across North America.
The Chemainus Theatre Festival Society is seeking a part-time evening Sous Chef. Under the direction of the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef provides culinary services, maintains established food and sanitation standards, assists in administrative duties for the kitchen and performs other duties to the best of his/ her abilities. You maintain full responsibility in the absence of the Executive Chef.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a professional kitchen, preferably for a buffet fine dining restaurant in a lead role.
• Certification or diploma from an accredited culinary or food services program – Red Seal preferred
• An impressive repertoire and a flair for creating new and innovative menus and plating techniques.
• Mature, dependable, organized, professional, well-groomed and able to work under pressure.
• Promote a positive and safe work environment.
• Must have own transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
We appreciate all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.