The Chemainus Theatre Festival is a favourite theatre destination for over 65,000 patrons each year. Established in 1993, it is one of the main cultural venues on Vancouver Island and is renowned for intimate, live and polished plays, with professional directors, designers and actors from across North America.
Part-Time Ticket Agent
Position Overview: The primary role of this position will consist of selling, exchanging and distributing tickets and providing high quality customer service to Chemainus Theatre patrons. This includes communicating with patrons over the phone, in person and through email regarding all ticket sales matters, special promotions, and general theatre information.
Reporting to the Box Office Manager, this position will work closely with other Ticket Agents, Front of House staff, Playbill Dining Room staff and volunteers.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Strong computer skills in a Windows environment, with the ability to adapt to new technology and software
• Pleasant phone manner and ability to deal effectively with the public
• Ability to think clearly while under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to enter electronic data with speed and accuracy
• Acute attention to detail
• An interest in the arts
• A willingness to learn
This position will consist of 0-20 hours per week (up to 4 shifts) depending on show schedules and sales volumes. The successful applicant will be available to work variable shifts including weekends, evenings (until 8:15 pm) and day shifts.
Only those being interviewed will be contacted. Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Box Office Manager
Chemainus Theatre Festival
9737 Chemainus Road
Chemainus, BC V0R 1Y0