The Chemainus Theatre Festival is a favourite theatre destination for over 70,000 patrons each year. Established in 1993, it is one of the main cultural venues on Vancouver Island and is renowned for intimate, live and polished plays, with professional directors, designers and actors from across North America.
Sponsorship and Advertising Associate, Part-Time
The Sponsorship and Advertising Associate will seek to maximize sponsorship and advertising sales by building upon current sponsorship relationships, and soliciting new support. The successful candidate will be a motivated, outgoing professional with proven experience with fundraising & sales in the not-for-profit arts sector and a love of live theatre.
The Sponsorship & Advertising will complete the following:
- Promote and conduct sponsorship and advertising sales in support of the Chemainus Theatre programming and activities.
- Foster and nurture relationships with current sponsors and advertisers.
- Seek out and secure new sponsors, advertisers and supporters.
- Deliver sponsor benefits and ensure all sponsor recognition requirements as stated in each agreement are met.
- Some evening work required to attend openings, special events and making presentations to sponsors at sponsor appreciation performances.
- Solicit sponsorship and prizes for Chemainus Theatre fundraising activities.
- Seek to maximize cross promotional opportunities within the theatre that relate to sponsorship and advertising.
- Prepare a monthly work plan, contact and lead sheet.
- Network with community organizations, as required, to represent the Chemainus Theatre.
- Work on developing sponsorship and advertising campaigns.
- Attend department and company meetings as required.
- Conduct all activities in a manner that support the Chemainus Theatre mission statement and company credos.
Rate of Pay:
This is a part time position based on 24 hours per week, however hours will fluctuate throughout the year. Starting wage will be $15.50 per hour and after 3 month probationary period wage will be increased to $16.00 per hour with opportunity for performance based bonuses.
- Complimentary theatre and dinner tickets will be provided in accordance with the Society benefits schedule
- Dental/Vision Benefits – provided directly by Chemainus Theatre Festival – covering 80% of actual cost for either vision or dental expenses, up to a yearly maximum of $170.00 per person and $340.00 per family.
If this position appeals to you, we encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.